3 December 2014

L'OCCITANE AROMACHOLOGY RELAXING PILLOW MIST {REVIEW}

I am always a little anxious and sceptical when brands announce a re launch of an entire range, product or even just the packaging, especially if you are perfectly happy with the "old" but I understand that the world of beauty needs to progress and it's a case of the "old" making way for the "new".
I must confess that my heart sank when I heard that one of my favourite brands L'Occitane had both re formulated and re packaged their Aromachology Body Care Collection, which consists of products to either revitalise or relax your body (the latter being my need)

This collection makes use of several essential oils,which contain the highest concentration of a plants benefit, to promote a feeling of well-being for the body. 
Keeping true to the founder, Olivier Baussans vision, the distillation of essential oils remains at the heart of L’OCCITANE. 
I was pleased to see that the new packaging although different was still reminiscent of Apothecary bottles and jars and I also noticed some interesting new additions in the collections line-up.

Relaxing Pillow Mist R310 100mls


I received several products to try and the first one that I "had" to put to the test was the
 Relaxing Pillow Mist. 
This is a product I know well and I was a fan of the original one and having undergone an ingredient tweak the new relaxing pillow mist contains essential oils of lavender, bergamot, mandarin, 
sweet orange and geranium. 
Immediately upon a light spraying over my pillow I could smell the subtle citrus fragrance, as opposed to the rosemary and geranium of its predecessor, as you know I love all things citrus,
 so it was a "love" at first spray. 
The fragrance of the pillow mist is a 100% natural and besides the obvious spraying on your pillow
 it can be sprayed into the air, onto curtains and bed linen.
 All a little extravagant I know, but for me, a spritz over my pillow is sufficient.

The inhalation of essential oils from your pillow, both aid in relaxation and calming the body thus leading to a peaceful nights sleep. Having said this I was not prepared for my personal experiences with this product and not being one to be easily impressed I put the first Sunday nights deep sleep down to a hectic weekend. 
Every night for that week I used the pillow mist and I genuinely had good sleeps, 
the kind that you wake up from feeling rested.
 I wouldn't say I have a sleep problem, but as with many people, some nights are disturbed with worry or concerns for the next day or sometimes we have trouble falling asleep due to an over active mind. 
Thinking that it was just a coincidence I didn't use the pillow mist for the next week and you've guessed it I was back to the "busy brain" problem. 
I decided to test the product again every night for the following week and I can assure you,
 it was no coincidence, this product is AMAZING and I don't use this word lightly. (Especially not in Capitols) and it has to be one of my Beauty Shout Box's must have products.

It's also no coincidence that the product has "Sold Out" since its launch in South Africa. There are several other products in the Relaxing range that can be used as part of a bedtime ritual, Bath Salts,Body Cream,massage oil and Shower Gel to name a few and I couldn't think of a nicer collection of unisex products to be gifted to someone you care about!




One last question:

"What were my initial concerns about the re formulation of products?...I can't remember now "

Prices as of July 2017

100ml

R345

£18

$20


To Order On Line




1 comment:

  1. Thanks Candice it's a great brand to review,which makes it easier to write!

    ReplyDelete