20 February 2014

CLARINS INSTANT CONCEALER {REVIEW}

Launched this month Clarins have developed a customizing correcting concealer which adapts to the tone of your skin. Clarins claim that it effectively conceals those dark circles, thanks to the ingredient Caffeine, but it also contains Aloe Vera extract which smoothes, refreshes and revives the eye area. This treatment concealer contains, Light Optimising + complex, which is a Clarins exclusive.
(This complex instantly captures, diffuses and amplifies light, ensuring that fine lines and imperfections are visibly reduced and the complexion is left more radiant and even looking)

The Instant Concealer comes in 4 shades worldwide ranging from 01-04 and the tints are designed to mask the colour of the dark circle, whilst restoring the skins natural tone. Fair (01) treats bluish dark circles, Medium (02) is preferable for brown/violet dark circles, Medium Deep (03) is for deeper skin tones and is recommended for brown/black dark circles, and Deep (04) is also for brown/black dark circles.
I chose the 02 shade and instantly you can feel the ease with application and blending under the eye area, as there is no dragging or pulling on this delicate and fragile skin. Being a mature user this is important to me, as some concealers can drag as they don't seem to contain sufficient moisturizing properties to give that easy glide. I always use a morning moistirizing eye treatment and then apply my concealer and keeping to this routine the Clarins Instant Concealer worked perfectly and for me it was great to know that the moisture level didn't feel any less at the end of the day than it did at the beginning! However I cannot comment on how it would perform if applied directly to the skin with no prior application of an eye product. The shade once applied to my dark circles felt light and did cover and conceal well and as you can see from my swatch the shade once blended did change as it corrects to your natural skin tone. 

Shade 02

Once blended


I have for many years used an Estée Lauder concealer and have always been very happy with it, but this one from Clarins does take the application and performance of concealing those dark circles and discolouration around the eye area, one step further. I was hoping that the Instant Concealer would be a combination of the Clarins eye gel and a concealer, but in my opinion this product focuses more on the concealing than reviving and refreshing the eye area..I really wanted to feel more of a refreshing and cooling effect. However I did enjoy the effect of the Light Optimising + complex, as I certainly found that my fine lines were softened, giving my eye area a more perky and noticeable youthfulness. Anyone reading this, who is 40+ will understand exactly what I mean by this and the extra light diffusing effect in any product is appreciated at this age!
This product gets a huge thumbs up from me and again a big 
"Thank You" 
to Clarins for bringing out a product that helps me to defy the aging process a little longer!
Dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested

Available from all Clarins stockists countrywide
Price:R310
15mls







No comments:

Post a Comment