11 November 2013

KILLER QUEEN BY KATY PERRY {REVIEW}

During the last quarter of the year we always see a flurry of new fragrance launches in the run up to the Christmas season and this past few weeks has been no exception.
Katy Perry has just launched her  third fragrance and her first collaboration with Coty. Normally I don't get too taken in by "Celebrity" fragrances, but the sample handed to me by a promoter in Clicks, of Killer Queen by Katy Perry caught my eye. 




The sample presentation was the norm that has been used by fragrance companies for several years, but what I liked was the fact that the breakdown of the top, heart and base notes were listed in a very easy to read format. Simple I know but it made me want to try this fragrance, as I recognized several ingredients that I know and like. 




Killer Queen by Katy Perry would not normally be on my radar of fragrances to rush out and try, but try I did and I initially enjoyed the Plum,
 Wild Berry and Bergamot top notes, as it reminded me a little of Angel by Thierry Mugler.
The heart or middle notes of Red Velvet Flower, Rainbow Plumeria and Jasmine also developed warmly on my skin, but somewhere between the heart and base notes of  Cashmeran,natural Patchouli Heart and liquid Praline, 
the fragrance faded away into insignificance. 
Despite it being an Eau de Parfum it didn't have the staying power on me, which is a pity as it did show some initial promise, but as I have said before, fragrance is very personal and its important to "try before you buy".

If it's any consolation I did like the bottle and tv ad.





Available at selected Clicks stores countrywide.



No comments:

Post a Comment