16 October 2013

YVES ROCHER PERFECTING TONING LOTION {REVIEW}


Several weeks ago I bought my first product from the French brand Yves Rocher to read review I have to admit upfront that even though the brand has been around for 50 years overseas and in South Africa for several years, I have never been attracted to any of their products, for no other reason than I find the brand to be confusing. This confusion isn't due to the french names etc, as I did french at school and have worked with French products my whole working career, so that's not where my problem lies. I think the colouring and the packaging is what I have a problem with. I find it to be a "mish mash" of colours and messages all being presented in a slightly "cheap" way. The saying "Less is More" springs to mind, so hence, I have been overlooking this brand.  


Once I looked deeper into the product offering and spoke to a consultant, I started to get an understanding of the Yves Rocher brand.  
My first purchase was their Velvety Cleansing Milk -Smoothing Effect containing 3 Detoxifying Teas.               

R100 200mls


I have since bought the matching Perfecting Toning Lotion - Anti Fatigue Effect. Yves Rocher has surprised me yet again, (my first surprise was the price point of this imported brand) the toner isn't a liquid as with most toners, but it has a gel consistency. It did feel a little strange when I first used as my brain has been programmed to associate liquid with a toner, but I can honestly say that I prefer this toning gel over a conventional toner.As with all toners, it effectively removed all traces of my cleanser and left my skin feeling refreshed and ready for the next step. I don't need to remind you that I am not an advocate of using toners that contain alcohol and this is alcohol free. It can also be used over the eye area and has been tested under Dermatological and Opthalmological supervision.


Another bonus to using a gel, there is little wastage, as the gel sits on top of the cotton wool pad and doesn't get absorbed and ultimately thrown away. I have used the toner for a couple of weeks already and I have used far less than my usual liquid toner, so its really economical. This 200ml Toner retails for R100 and is the same price as the cleanser and both offers "Great" value for money!
If you want my advice - the next time you walk past an Yves Rocher counter in Woolworths, do yourselves a favour and STOP! As I would hate for you to miss out, as I did.. .p.s. just look past the colour/range confusion and look a little deeper into this affordable imported skin care range that's somewhat of a well kept secret.
I have earmarked other products to try, so I will keep you updated with my reviews.




No comments:

Post a Comment